Thursday, February 10, 2011

The round table club meets Thursday nights.

Or at least, they did tonight. Some kind of lecture going on. More details to follow.

So I drove by the Round Table Club tonight and I saw all the lights on and the parking lot was full. I live in the neighborhood and since I rarely ever see anybody there, I parked and took a quick walk past the building. A couple cars in the lot were nice Lexuses and BMWs, but there were an equal number of older/ standard model cars, so I thought that was interesting that not everyone at the event was driving an expensive car. I looked in from the street and thought it was strange that I didn't see anybody, until I went in the back and saw that everyone was gathered in what looked like a college lecture hall. There was floor to ceiling windows on one side and there was a man giving a power point lecture to the crowd. I didn't want to trespass or go up to the windows and be creepy, but that's what I could tell from the street. There were also a number of women there, maybe the wives or members themselves, and some older couples who seemed to need help getting around.

Just a chance encounter of seeing the lights on and checking it out, but I was interested to know there was an event there last night. I'm not sure what the lecture actually was, but it's intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment